Paph Mount Low 'Regina' AM/CCM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnyr5

Reaction score
20161219_230715.jpg

NS 19cm
PW 1.4cm
DW 4.0 cm

Congratulations. Great display. Love the pastel colour in particular.

I don't understand how you can get a cultural award with only 3 spikes though.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!
Congratulations. Great display. Love the pastel colour in particular.

I don't understand how you can get a cultural award with only 3 spikes though.
My personal opinion is that this was not ready for a cultural award. I would have preferred to grow it for 2 more years and exhibit it with 15 spikes instead of 3.

Congrats! I will be buy to pick it up this weekend! :p

Omg please divide it and send me a piece.

I probably won't be dividing it for a few years yet. There's already a wait list for divisions *oy*
I'm most impressed with how HUGE the flowers are now that it's a full adult. The spread has grown by 2.5cm since last time.

Thanks everyone!
My personal opinion is that this was not ready for a cultural award. I would have preferred to grow it for 2 more years and exhibit it with 15 spikes instead of 3.

There is no doubt you were going to get a cultural award with this plant and sooner rather than later. You are growing it to perfection and it is obviously a good clumper. The judges were just a bit premature. :) I think you need 7 or 8 spikes before you can start considering cultural awards, especially for a cross such as this. Otherwise you will be handing out cultural awards like confetti.

I look forward to seeing it with 15 spikes. Now that will be a show and truly award worthy.

There is no doubt you were going to get a cultural award with this plant and sooner rather than later. You are growing it to perfection and it is obviously a good clumper. The judges were just a bit premature. :) I think you need 7 or 8 spikes before you can start considering cultural awards, especially for a cross such as this. Otherwise you will be handing out cultural awards like confetti.

I look forward to seeing it with 15 spikes. Now that will be a show and truly award worthy.

I think part of it is that the plant is truly enormous with very clean foliage. It's 100cm in every direction and the spikes are 80cm tall.

I also love the pastel shade. What are the parents?
I assume it wasn't staked like that for the award?

I had no choice about the stakes, though I replaced the clips with clear tape.

Parents are Mount Toro 'Semi Album' × lowii album 'Albino Beauty' CHM/AOS

Back