Paph. moquettianum x Greyi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
No name yet. I'm not fond of the pouch's streaks & asymmetry, and the dorsal it a bit hooded, but maybe the next flower will be better.

Paph_moquettianumxGreyi.jpg

Dot,

Don't be discouraged. These bloom a little different each time. We love ours!

-Ernie

Nice PIC Dot, I see the streaks not too,too bad. First blooming I assume? Anymore buds hiding behind the flower?

Rick H

It would be quite nice without the streaking, so hopefully it will listen to you and get with the program!

Dot,
I have a cross of Transvaal X delenatii called Pink Bandit it does the samething. One or two color breaks, mainly in the pouch usually white but sometimes half white and half pink. It's not consistent. Some years it's more obvious, others it's not there at all. Good news is that it got a HCC during one of it's better bloomings

Rick H

Dot,
I have a cross of Transvaal X delenatii called Pink Bandit it does the samething. One or two color breaks, mainly in the pouch usually white but sometimes half white and half pink. It's not consistent. Some years it's more obvious, others it's not there at all. Good news is that it got a HCC during one of it's better bloomings

Rick H
Good for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one -- you give me some hope.

have an unkown that is extremely similar, I've been trying to get an ID on it for a while now, check it out.

Attachments

• DSCF4560.JPG
    DSCF4560.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF4561.JPG
    DSCF4561.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 10
I really like it....except for the stripes in the pouch. Maybe that is influenced by temperature? It would be interesting to see what the pouch looks like if you grew it cooler or warmer as the second and third bud developed. If it were mine, I'd certainly bloom it again before I made my final decision about it.

The shape is fairly typical for Cochlopetalum x Brachy crosses, but I like the overall color combination and shape on yours. Definitely a keeper for rebloom. Here are a few examples from my picture archives.

Paph Faith Hanbury (glaucophyllum x niveum)
PaphMissFaithHanburyThePrincess.jpg

Paph Tinicum (glaucophyllum x concolor)
MysteryPaph2.jpg

PaphmoquettianumxPsyche.jpg

BTW, I looked up moquettianum x Greyi in Orchid Wiz and it shows two names:
Paph Walnut Valley Orig., Carter and Holmes Reg., Rinke 2006
Paph Newberry Sprite Orig., Carter and Holmes Reg., Carter and Holmes 2006

I really like it....except for the stripes in the pouch. Maybe that is influenced by temperature? It would be interesting to see what the pouch looks like if you grew it cooler or warmer as the second and third bud developed. If it were mine, I'd certainly bloom it again before I made my final decision about it.
That's really hard to say-- last Fall, in my shade house, my Paphs suffered a few hours of over 100º F temps. Some almost died, and a couple did. After they came in for the Winter, they were in my basement greenhouse where the daytime temps were around 75 and nighttime around 65.

BTW, I looked up moquettianum x Greyi in Orchid Wiz and it shows two names:
Paph Walnut Valley Orig., Carter and Holmes Reg., Rinke 2006
Paph Newberry Sprite Orig., Carter and Holmes Reg., Carter and Holmes 2006
Thanks, paphreek -- nice flowers. I think you are right -- as I think back, my recollection is the name is Walnut Valley. I thought I checked it out at RHS, but maybe not.

Latest posts

Back