Paph Misty Lantern x Norito Hasegawa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is quite the result! Mine is yellow green, like a large Norito Hasegawa, or a yellow malipoense, which is more or less expected result of the cross, I guess.
This would be one of those fun hybrids to bloom out lots of seedlings of and see some funky unexpected flowers like yours among the many expected outcome like mine.
I still love mine. In bloom for almost two months now! :)

That is quite the result! Mine is yellow green, like a large Norito Hasegawa, or a yellow malipoense, which is more or less expected result of the cross, I guess.
This would be one of those fun hybrids to bloom out lots of seedlings of and see some funky unexpected flowers like yours among the many expected outcome like mine.
I still love mine. In bloom for almost two months now! :)
Happy, the clonal name for Misty Lantern is 'Purple Flash'. So this clone combined with the malipoense genes must of contributed to the chocolate flush wouldn't you say?

Happy, the clonal name for Misty Lantern is 'Purple Flash'. So this clone combined with the malipoense genes must of contributed to the chocolate flush wouldn't you say?
Mine is a sibling of yours.
The purple colors are obviously from Magic Lantern (mostly micranthum since delenatii whitens the color as in Lynleigh Koopowitz and Armeni White) and the dark lines on the petals of malipoense could have helped also.
This kind of fun results is expected but with malipoense being the dominant in the genetic make up of this hybrid, I would still think Norito Hasegawa lookalike will be the most common outcome.

Take Wilbur Chang for an example. It is Fanaticum backcrossed on the malipoense. I have one that has red wine color flushed all over except for the green dorsal. I have seen many others and they mostly look like either straight malipoense or "strange" malipoense, and that is expected.

I was reluctant to share but here's mine.
The color isn't exactly how it looks in person. It's nearly impossible to capture after multiple tries.
The color is light minty green with slight yellow hue. This is about as close as I could edit it to the real color, but it's still way off.
I thought the color will fade into intense yellow like Norito Hasegawa, but it as stayed the same this whole time since early March.
I really like it. A big flower at 13cm ns. And that dark staminode from malipoense!! Something I really like but none of my Norito Hasegawa had so far. Their staminode was too heavily influenced by armeniacum.
The plant isn't too big for now, like a wide leafed Fanaticum so to speak. No scent in case anyone might be curious.

elEDunpl.jpg

So Happy since you have a sibling, what is the clonal name on the malipoense parent? I can read the Cream part but the second word is wiped. Pie? Puff? Or???

He sold at least one other plant of this same cross in bloom in between these two sales. It was also yellow, but not as pretty as mine. :)

Latest posts

Back