Paph. Mint Chocolate 'Chip' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lori.b

Reaction score
I'm very humbled to have had this paph awarded with a score of 86 points at our monthly judging yesterday. It was gifted to me as a seedling by the seller near the end of our show and sale five years ago when he asked me if I had Mint Chocolate yet. I said no and he placed this beautiful little plant in my hand and said "You have it now." It's been a reliable bloomer for me but unfortunately this is the first time I was able to take it to judging because Covid shut down our monthly judging sessions for nearly two years. It was worth the wait. Thank you Terry/Forestview Gardens!

DB5503F6-E296-4208-BB01-2C6DAD6E4840.jpeg

B76508E3-490B-425F-9B5F-BE8F90F27F41.jpeg

1ED171F5-9BF1-4A01-9920-512020D537DA.jpeg

Lovely! Is it A bit more yellow than most?
David
Yes it is. The judges thought at first that it was a hangianum hybrid but they detected a faint malipoense fragrance so that confirmed it. They commented that it got the best of both parents!

I'm very humbled to have had this paph awarded with a score of 86 points at our monthly judging yesterday. It was gifted to me as a seedling by the seller near the end of our show and sale five years ago when he asked me if I had Mint Chocolate yet. I said no and he placed this beautiful little plant in my hand and said "You have it now." It's been a reliable bloomer for me but unfortunately this is the first time I was able to take it to judging because Covid shut down our monthly judging sessions for nearly two years. It was worth the wait. Thank you Terry/Forestview Gardens!
Congrats!
Beautiful twins.

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks. I'll post another picture when it becomes triplets!

Back