paph. micranthum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who's only been growing orchids for four years, I can't even imagine waiting 10 years for a flower. So congrats, it's beautiful!

Good things come to those who wait!! :wink:

And judging from the plant itself...I especially take notice of the nice long leaves - it seems to have somehow thrived under the flourescent light, even though it didn't reward you with a flower...until you optimized it's growth condition...

I for my part listen and learn - have had good luck in growing a clone of that species, but I too haven't had much luck in flowering it, yet. Will try to see if I can modify it's growth conditions, according to your experience!

Kind regards,
Jens

@ Jens. I think the temperature differential had a great part to do with it for this clone. The temperature under the fluorescent would only vary between 18c and 22c. I'm pretty sure the kitchen temperature by the window fell a lot colder a night than the room temperature as I did see ice on the window for a few weeks when it was -20c outside.

Latest posts

Back