Paph. micranthum var. eburneum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaborne

Reaction score
This is a first bloom seedling that I bought from Peter Lin (bigleaf.) I am pleased but I wonder if it is indeed a true eburneum?

Well, the pouch is not entirely white; but, I'd still consider this an eburneum, unless the "official" description says that the entire pouch must be all white.

I REALLY like this one. Congrats!

Why do you think it's not eburneum?

I only wonder based on the little bit of pink that is on the rear of the pouch. Looking at the var. eburneums in the AOS awards database, the ones I saw labeled eburneum had pure white pouches. However, I do not know the variances to know for certain if it is or isn't. Since it was labeled var. eburneum and the pouch is mostly white, I see validity to that. It definitely is not the normal pink pouch that all of my regular micranthums have. So far, I have been unable to find in literature the details on this variation.

Many of the plants that came out of north Vietnam in recent years look like this. Not from the original collections from China. Not original eburneums. Call it what you want but does have allot of pink on the throat of the pouch.
How large is it Eron? I bloomed a collect plant that look the same and lost:mad:. It wasn't much bigger then the size of a US quarter! here is the link
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11576&highlight=micranthum

Many of the plants that came out of north Vietnam in recent years look like this. Not from the original collections from China. Not original eburneums. Call it what you want but does have allot of pink on the throat of the pouch.
How large is it Eron? I bloomed a collect plant that look the same and lost:mad:. It wasn't much bigger then the size of a US quarter! here is the link
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11576&highlight=micranthum

Rick, Looking at your photo, it appears that the pink color on yours was all away around the top of the rim. Mine only has color about a quarter of the way from the throat and the rest is pure white. The NS on this one is 6.6cm/2.5 inches but it is a first bloomer. The petal width is very wide on this one though, and if the size can get to 8cm it would be worth taking in for judging. I just have to keep it going for another 5 years to see it bloom again:D

Latest posts

Back