Paph. micranthum var. album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow, every P. micranthum impresses me but this greenish white flower made my day. Congrats to the other side of the globe.
Some years ago I owned one and this one was for a reasonable price, but I wasn't experienced enough, maybe too stupid to grow it and keep it alive.

.......(I really miss the 'slurp, slurp' emoji from the old STC-format!)
How true Jens, so do I.

Last edited:
I am also happy to report that my micranthum album might also be in sheath! So please save a small piece of pollen for me? I will post progress if that is the case.

Kiwi, how do you prevent the bud from blasting? I grow indoors and assume that you are too, with low humidity (40-60% range) and warm night temperatures (16-20C)?

Also how long did the flower take to open from low sheath?

Please keep the forum informed as to if the cross takes and if indeed you have flasks. Possible someone in the U.S. can import some from Taiwan and then distrubute them to other members. Personally I have owned a few of these and killed them. Don't know why as regular ones grow fine.

Kiwi, how do you prevent the bud from blasting? I grow indoors and assume that you are too, with low humidity (40-60% range) and warm night temperatures (16-20C)?

Also how long did the flower take to open from low sheath?
I don't do anything specifically to try and prevent bud blast. I grow in a glasshouse with similar temperature and humidity conditions to you. The flower has taken approximately 3 months from low sheath to open.

Please keep the forum informed as to if the cross takes and if indeed you have flasks. Possible someone in the U.S. can import some from Taiwan and then distrubute them to other members. Personally I have owned a few of these and killed them. Don't know why as regular ones grow fine.
The selfing of this has taken. The second plant has a flower just starting to open and I will be doing a sib cross with pollen saved from the first plant. I am now thinking that I may send these to the US for flasking as I have besseae pods (flavum) that are going to the US as well. I will keep the group informed of progress.

It has almost opened completely. I really like the colour and shape. I was thinking of having it judged but fear that the crooked column will count against it.
View attachment 20523
It's turned out really well. Don't worry about judging it this time. It's still a nice flower so I would be happy with it. When it grows to a multi-growth plant and produces several flowers it will be splendid.

Leslie, I can send you some pollen if you still want it?
Thanks for all your info.

Three months a long time to live in fear for the bud to develop properly LOL. I'm glad we have similar conditions so I can take some relief from sweating too much :) ... of course, the plant may not cooperate and pretend that the new leaf in question was not a sheath.

I would appreciate a small pollen definitely. I will send PM. I'm happy to be able to conserve the genes for these guys. Thanks a million!

Latest posts

Back