Paph. micranthum var. album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwi

Reaction score
I have this plant about to flower. I also have a second one with a spike also. I was thinking about doing a sib cross with them but wonder perhaps if this is a bit risky due to the size of the plant? Any thoughts?

IMG_3562.jpg

Congrats on blooming this micranthum album (two of them!).

They can carry pods, only if roots are strong enough. They do need special medium to germinate though.

Can't wait to see flowers!!!

Thanks for the info. They have very good roots. I will likely send the pods to a contact in Taiwan so it is done correctly.

I am in New Zealand and plan to sell some. I could send out from Taiwan when ready

I am sure it wouldn’t be hard. Especially as I am over on your side of it frequently. Well I was

What a beauty!!!

The bent staminode and deep cleft on the right side of pouch (our left), may affect scoring of the flower. I would hold back till next bloom.

Leslie is probably right about the judging, but, man, oh man, it's a gorgeous beauty never the less! :) (I really miss the 'slurp, slurp' emoji from the old STC-format!)

Btw. I think, there is a general consensus, that the botanical name of this colour form is: P. micranthum fma. glanzeanum (after Franz Glanz of Wössner Orchideen)

Back