Paph micranthum 'Super Model'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well here she is in all of her glory. Even though I almost never give my plants clonal names, I couldn't resist on this one. This is the darkest micranthum that I have ever bloomed. As we all can see, it has a split dorsal sepal, which I hope and assume will not be there next blooming. I decided to call her super model because if I was an agent, I'd be glad to take her on. Maybe not perfect but improvable. Super models may be a flash in the pan, here today and gone tomorrow or stay beautiful forever and have a great career. The flower stem is nice and tall at about 8 inches.

You can see that the left side of the dorsal sepal is folded over. Let's hope this doesn't happen again next year. Notice how round the petals are. I never had petals this round. Also the size is very nice at 6.5 c.m. natural spread and that pouch is of very good size. The color reminds me of paph. Magic Lantern.

I'm pretty sure the split dorsal is one of those random deformities and it may not be there on future blooms although it could return.
It's cool in a way. :)

By the way, other than the split, the flower is fabulous!!!
Nice balance look overall and a nice color to boot!!!

Very nice.
I also see something diff about the staminode. Maybe it just me.
Well grown and hoping it will be a super model forever.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sorry, don't know what you mean Ed. This are given the normal fertilizer that everything gets. These are imports from Taiwan.

Eric, the greenhouse is kept with high humidity. And these are getting extra water once I see a sheath. Maybe it just didn't get a lot of water when I was waving that hose around. Who knows?

Sorry about that paphioland. I know that I couldn't have thought that name up all by myself. I'll change the clonal name on that little one, especially seeing they are both the same species.

I don't care. Just joking with ya. Keep it.

Latest posts

Back