Paph. micranthum question.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
My 5-(mature)growth plant doesn't like to hold on to more than 2 pairs of leaves at a time. If it gets a new leaf, it drops an old one. It does it every time. The roots look nice and fat and have nice white/green tips. Can anyone confirm this happening with them? Thanks!

On new, unbloomed growths, that is not normal. How moist are you keeping it? What temps?

I keep it evenly, lightly moist like all my other parvis.

Temperature wise, I'd say it is usually in the 65-70 range with nights a bit cooler.

I've been having the same problem with my One and Only micranthum seedling. It gets warmer temps... 70-80 days, 60-70 nights, but it stays evenly moist like Zach's, I believe. Medium-bright light.

- Matt

I don't have this problem with micranthum, but tend to keep the temperatures lower to 55F these days occaisionally 50F for lows. Both micranthum and armeniacum like a cold spell to grow and bloom well. You should have 2-3 sets of leaves for each growth.

Repotted in June or July. It is top dressed with a bit of crushed limestone (like all my non-delenatii parvis and parvi primaries).

Jon, I'll post photos once I'm done with midterms tomorrow.

Back