Paph micranthum "1991"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LO69

Reaction score
A division from my mother plant, an old favourite in my collection. My coastal climate Is not the best for micranthum and in the summertime, when the GH Is open Is even worse but this Is a strong plant that even survived to a flooding into my GH had 20 inches of water for several days. When the water had dried up I found the plant on the floor covered with mud but with any issue. Really fungus proof.

Attachments

• IMG_20191230_122034716.jpg
    IMG_20191230_122034716.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 52
A division from my mother plant, an old favourite in my collection. My coastal climate Is not the best for micranthum and in the summertime, when the GH Is open Is even worse but this Is a strong plant that even survived to a flooding into my GH had 20 inches of water for several days. When the water had dried up I found the plant on the floor covered with mud but with any issue. Really fungus proof.
What highest temperature have you been in summer?? Or what is the regular temp in summer?? I have planned to buy a micrathum but temps in Spain where I live is easy up to 40*C degrees in summer

..........When the water had dried up I found the plant on the floor covered with mud but with any issue. Really fungus proof.
Wow Lorenzo, this is not only a beautiful flower but the plant also is a survivalist ! 👌 Never would have expected that a Paph could survive such 'treatment'.

What highest temperature have you been in summer?? Or what is the regular temp in summer?? I have planned to buy a micrathum but temps in Spain where I live is easy up to 40*C degrees in summer
We have not such extreme temps in summer average Is 30/32 with only few days hotter.
Of course into the GH some degrees higher like 35*C. The real problem Is the wind and salty air.
I put my micranthum on the gravel floor and try to keep as much humidity as I can through a basic fogging system.

Wow Lorenzo, this is not only a beautiful flower but the plant also is a survivalist ! 👌 Never would have expected that a Paph could survive such 'treatment'.
Me too!!

We have not such extreme temps in summer average Is 30/32 with only few days hotter.
Of course into the GH some degrees higher like 35*C. The real problem Is the wind and salty air.
I put my micranthum on the gravel floor and try to keep as much humidity as I can through a basic fogging system.
Understood, thank you!! It will be too risky for me, maybe I can try inside home with high humidity and less degrees

What a plant! Apparently it can breathe under water.

Its interesting many plants (like some phrags) adapted to spend time under water for hours (some for days) during the flooding seasons. And survive.

Latest posts

Back