Paph Micran Magic (Shun Fa Golden 'Wotan' FCC x micranthum 'Dana Lynn')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats!! The plant looks large and looks after malipoense on this particular plant?
Hopefully it will bloom out big and beautiful.
What was the germination rate like? Fairly good??

Low germination or low survival rate of seedlings?
Considering all involved are parvis, it's rather odd that the germination rate was low? Do you flask your own?
Now I suddenly feel the need to learn to flask myself just in case. 😁

These were before I did my own flasking, but it was a trusted friend who did them. Parvis are not the easiest things to germinate, unless you time the capsule just right. There are ways, though.

At about how many days into the capsule development, do you harvest the seed capsules?
I just snipped them off at about 8-9 months mark and never had issues. According to some who harvest even earlier than this, they seemed to be doing fine also.
Only certain bulldog type took me longer than that time frame for me but could have been harvest sooner without harm.
I just had no information to compare other than species breakdown (rough estimation I'd assume).

Honestly, I'm still learning my craft & might not be the best guy to ask. Research says about 120-140 days for the parvis, though. I'm sure some people know how to germinate them in large numbers, and a few know how to do it from mature seed, but it's not happening with premixed media, lol.

Big or small?
I know your SFG and Mine start out pretty big from early on, but I have had armenicaum, brachy, other hang x parvi cross that started out tiny and then surprised me in the end!

Big or small?
I know your SFG and Mine start out pretty big from early on, but I have had armenicaum, brachy, other hang x parvi cross that started out tiny and then surprised me in the end!
Being 1/2 mic, I am expecting it to start out tiny and grow, so this bud is huge for that "style."

Latest posts

Back