Paph. Michael Koopowitz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Djthomp28

Reaction score
Nice outcome. I purchased a seedling from Sam Tsui last year. I wonder how long I will have to wait.

southernbelle

Reaction score
I purchased one of these from OL 7/18. It was in a 5” pot, so not tiny. It has two or 3 large growths now but has not bloomed. I asked Harold at the Path Forum when I could expect it to bloom and he said when the leaf span was about 10”-12” if I recall. Still waiting but plant is healthy.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Good MK. Congrats to down under-

Nice outcome. I purchased a seedling from Sam Tsui last year. I wonder how long I will have to wait.
I assume you have to wait more years than you really want to wait.

Djthomp28

Reaction score
I purchased one of these from OL 7/18. It was in a 5” pot, so not tiny. It has two or 3 large growths now but has not bloomed. I asked Harold at the Path Forum when I could expect it to bloom and he said when the leaf span was about 10”-12” if I recall. Still waiting but plant is healthy.
10-12 is not bad. It is pretty close now.

I assume you have to wait more years than you really want to wait.
Oh well, it is purchased and on the shelf now. I guess I will be waiting. Its and the roths are hanging out.

southernbelle

Reaction score
All of the MKs Ive flowered are around 18" (45cm) across or bigger......
Thank! That might be what he said, my memory was fuzzy on the leafspan. I just knew it was a lot bigger than my plant.

emydura

Reaction score
Nice Stephen. Good outcome.

I just ordered the MK flask from Sam. I will be happy with 9 years. :)

Very good! What's the petallength (please, if possible in cm)?
Unlike one country I won't mention, we do use the metric system in Australia. :)

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
.......Unlike one country I won't mention, we do use the metric system in Australia. :)
David, but you're driving on the left side of the road....and that's suspect. :cool:

emydura

Reaction score
David, but you're driving on the left side of the road....and that's suspect. :cool:
Rudolf - so are Germans mostly left handed or is Germany not a feudal, violent society like Australia. :)

In the past, almost everybody travelled on the left side of the road because that was the most sensible option for feudal, violent societies. Since most people are right-handed, swordsmen preferred to keep to the left in order to have their right arm nearer to an opponent and their scabbard further from him.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
My MK is large around 20 inch leaf span and is practicing isolation by refusing to bloom too. Poor thing.

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know that Sam Tsui of Orchidinnusa.com 4th of July sale ends tomorrow. Discounts starting at 10% for all orders going up as high as 35% through July 15 2020.