Paph Michael Koopowitz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carper

Reaction score
A cross of philippinense "Daya Twister" x sanderianum "Dr Lee". I acquired these seedlings about 4 years ago from In Charm when they were at Peterborough. They have taken a while to mature but pleased with the first bloom of 4 flowers. Love the shape and colour and 2 new growths. I have 4 more of these which are only slightly behind this one. Definitely one of my favourite sanderianum hybrids.

Gary
UK

Looks like an excellent MK. Are you growing in your basement under lights? Looks like you have a good set-up and healthy plants.

That's wonderful Gary. Nice broad shoulders.

I bought a seedling of this cross a couple of years ago. It was growing incredibly. One of the most vigorous multi's I had seen. Then it got rot. :(

Looks like an excellent MK. Are you growing in your basement under lights? Looks like you have a good set-up and healthy plants.

This is my greenhouse. It was built with 2 solid brick rear walls and the other double glazed with polycarbonate roof. It's basically a conservatory, well sealed for our poor winters in the UK. It keeps good heat in, as it's well insulated. I have a big extractor fan for air exchange, plenty of air movement inside including foggers etc. The plants do seem to like the environment. I do use a heatmat and supplementary lighting for the seedlings only which works very well.

Gary
UK

That's wonderful Gary. Nice broad shoulders.

I bought a seedling of this cross a couple of years ago. It was growing incredibly. One of the most vigorous multi's I had seen. Then it got rot. :(

They have took a while to mature but the new growths are growing fast so hopefully it will become a multigrowth plant in the next few years. It should produce excellent blooms with multispikes and a high flower count. With 4 more plants which I intend to keep, hopefully they will put on a good show.

Gary
UK

Very nice flower and one of the few outstanding Sandy hybrids.
It's one thats on my wish list to buy

Your M.K. is not flat and round not awardable!!! Throw it away lol.. or send it to me!!

Was curious about the petal length. They measure around 38cm. Is this standard for this hybrid or could they lengthen on future blooms. Is the petal length more advantageous when being judged?

Gary
UK

Latest posts

Back