Paph. Michael Koopowitz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stunning and nice growing.

I have a question though. My MK is producing two new shoots but the leaves on the older growth are only about 8-9 inches long, yet the ones on yours (and every other MK I've seen) seem much longer when in flower. I'm wondering why this would be, since my supplier said with the new growth is an indication that it should flower this year.

Thanks.

OrchidNorth said:
Stunning and nice growing.

I have a question though. My MK is producing two new shoots but the leaves on the older growth are only about 8-9 inches long, yet the ones on yours (and every other MK I've seen) seem much longer when in flower. I'm wondering why this would be, since my supplier said with the new growth is an indication that it should flower this year.

Thanks.

P. roebellinii is often more compact, and laevigatum is more compact still so depending on what the philippinense variety is, BS leafspan might vary? Just a thought...

Thanks Heather, my thought exactly. Problem is Cloud's doesn't say what variety it is, just says philippinense. Of coarse he has both roebellinii and laevigatum.

Thanks for all the compliments The leaf span on this one is 24inches and I checked my others and they also bloomed at 24 or 25 inches. I have another MK that I can just see the bloom sheath comming up on another now. The petal length is 17 inches My others all have three growths I had my doubts on this one though it's a single growth and seemed like it would never bloom. I had another the the bloom got stuck down in the plant on a single growth plant so I pulled the bud and what I could remove off and soon after I had three new growths come upI hope to bloom that plant next year. MK is one of my favorites as you can tell.

Ray

Latest posts

Back