Paph. Memoria Pat DiSanto (Bel Royal x malipoense)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

A couple of weeks ago I posted a picture of Paph. Royal Sapphire (Bel Royal x micranthum) on the same day that I made that cross, I also made Bel Royal x malipoense. We registered this cross as Paph. Memoria Pat Disanto. I have noticed there is some variation in color and shape of the flowers within this cross. Here are some pictures of that cross:

This seedling had very green flowers with well shaped flowers; very close to a Paph. Harold Koopowitz:

PhragMemoriaPatDiSanto730.2007.jpg

This seedling had slightly smaller flowers, that were more golden/green in color:

PaphMemoriaPatDiSanto-close-723.2007.jpg

The whole inflorescense:

PaphMemoriaPatDiSanto723.2007.jpg

I am hoping once these plants are mature that they will have up to 4 fllowers per inflorescense (thanks to it's Paph. kolopakingii grand parent). I think Paph, kolopakingii has proven to be a good parent. Both this cross and Paph. Royal Sapphire seem to be more vigorous compared to Paph. Harold Koopowitz and Paph. Gloria Naugle.

Robert

Pheww !

Very impressive--both of them--and so very different.
Good job!
Frederick

Hi Dot,

It was nice to see you in person! Dot came to visit us here at Orchids Limited, so I showed her around, and gave her the "grand" tour.

Robert

Hi Dot,

It was nice to see you in person! Dot came to visit us here at Orchids Limited, so I showed her around, and gave her the "grand" tour.

Robert

Thanks, Robert. In a few days, I'm going to post a new thread about my visit. I'll just say now that I was completely favorably impressed.

Back