Paph Mem Heinz Rengers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richgarrison

Reaction score
This plant has tried to die twice and hence looks pretty bad. But it has a new growth and it did flower. Currently sitting in the hospital area after some major surgery from erwinia on its last new growth. Anyhoo. Kinda nice. As long as you don’t look at the flowers head on. ;-)52E3E003-CBF7-46DE-917F-AD84BB1A2B06.jpeg1549922B-3D3A-4785-9689-634ACC96747E.jpeg

4 flowers on a plant with such an intense 'anamnesis' is remarkable. Paph. Memoria Heinz Rengers (Paph. gigantifolium x Paph. supardii) is the cross we came across in this thread on search to the parentage of my mislabeled Paph. supardii. Good luck for the plant. 👍

Last edited:
I have a plant I got from Sam using this hybrid as one parent. The other is sanderianum and I'm expecting a Chiu Hua Dancer type of flower when it blooms.

Thanks for posting

Nice one, Rich. We hope for a speedy recovery!

Paph. Memoria Heinz Rengers (Paph. gigantifolium x Paph. supardii) is the cross we came across in this thread on search to the parentage of my mislabeled Paph. supardii.
And Rich's plant is an illustrative example of, why your plant isn't M. Heinz Rengers, Rudolf: it has the very light colouring of its ovary from gigantifolium and the anarcho-clownish petals (that triggers Ozpah's coulrophobia) from supardii!

And Rich's plant is an illustrative example of, why your plant isn't M. Heinz Rengers, Rudolf: it has the very light colouring of its ovary from gigantifolium and the anarcho-clownish petals (that triggers Ozpah's coulrophobia) from supardii!
Jens, you're absolutely right. Because of that I didn't take a photo of the ovary in my thread...not because I should have forgotten it.

Latest posts

Back