Paph. Mayhill x Hama Chilwin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papheteer

Reaction score
Here's my only complex in bloom. Its bloom is cupped this year. I wonder what causes this. It's NS is 11cm compared to 15 last year. I wonder if complexes really need cool temps to bloom coz this one wasn't really exposed to any temp. cooler than 70 degrees F. Enjoy

Last year's bloom:

Pretty complex Paph.:) You mentioned that it bloomed smaller this time. When it's done blooming, you might want to check the roots and repot. Sometimes a smaller bloom can indicate that the plant is struggling a little.

I only play a doctor on TV, but my guess would be the same as Paphreek, check the roots and repot. My second would be low humidity during bud development. Only third would I blame night temps above 70F. Ideally you want to drop into the 60's at night, but I don't think the complexes are all that sensitive to temps.
Leo

Yeah they do need cooler temps in my opinion. Most people grow them in temps with minimums below 50F in this country.

Yours has done well though and is very very nice.

Back