Paph. mastersianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW one of my favorite species! I have around 10 of these in various BS stages and one of them is spiking and is about to open. Yours is a nice one with fantastic colors and that oh so waxy sheen! Well done in growing them to bloom. Not an easy species!

BTW what are the parents and source?

Thanks Leslie! Yeah it's a nice species. I have some smaller seedlings as well from a flask from Ching Hua I bought a couple years ago. They are likely 1-2 years away from BS. This one is from Forest View out of BC. Unfortunately they don't mention the parents of their seedlings.

Thanks Leslie! Yeah it's a nice species. I have some smaller seedlings as well from a flask from Ching Hua I bought a couple years ago. They are likely 1-2 years away from BS. This one is from Forest View out of BC. Unfortunately they don't mention the parents of their seedlings.
I definitely would love to use your pollen of this flower on mine if my flower (that’s about to open) is as deeply coloured.

Thanks everyone. It definitely isn't the speediest grower, but it hasn't been too difficult either. It seems to prefer intermediate-warm temperature and slows down in the cool winter conditions it gets from me.

I definitely would love to use your pollen of this flower on mine if my flower (that’s about to open) is as deeply coloured.

That can be arranged!

Thanks everyone. It definitely isn't the speediest grower, but it hasn't been too difficult either. It seems to prefer intermediate-warm temperature and slows down in the cool winter conditions it gets from me.

That can be arranged!
Thanks! Mine grows in the warm medium light section with night T at around 20C. First blooming bud! Excited to see how it compares.

And thanks for considering pollen exchange. I’ll update with post when it opens.

Hi Dandrobium, my mastersianum is finally open. Please see my post mastersianum 'Chocolate'. Let's try and mate them together in a couple weeks maybe? I'd like to enjoy the bloom for a few weeks LOL

Hi Dandrobium, my mastersianum is finally open. Please see my post mastersianum 'Chocolate'. Let's try and mate them together in a couple weeks maybe? I'd like to enjoy the bloom for a few weeks LOL
Hey Leslie, sounds good. Mine is still in bloom, but I'll likely cut the spike soon. I can send pollen next week if that works for you

Dan

Latest posts

Back