Paph. Marie-Louise Dorren (UPDATE)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
This one was bred by the Paph House and I picked it up during their moving sale a few months ago. I've got another one that should be open any day, so it will be nice to see how similar they are. The cross is maudiae x Tautzianum and it was registered by Ratcliffe. I've got it growing in semi hydro in the greenhouse.

I'm usually not too fond of maudiae hybrids, but this one is kind of cute.

mxtcross.jpg

Last edited:
I like the color. It certainly gives me another maudiae hybrid to try to grow. Does it have a name? Oops. Its right there in the title of the thread.

It was named after a Dutch friend of ours who died of cancer a few years ago.
Most of the ones we flowered were like the photo. We did find them reluctant growers.
it was our intention to breed something similar to that famous old P. Olivia
Paul

Thanks, Paul! It's always nice to know the history of the plant. I'll post a photo of the second one when it opens.

Very pretty, I really like the raspberry colour too, it also has an interesting shape.

It is definitely growing on me. Did you buy it from Ratcliffe? If so do you have a link to their web page? If not where did you get it? :drool:

Ed

It is definitely growing on me. Did you buy it from Ratcliffe? If so do you have a link to their web page? If not where did you get it?

I bought it from the Paph House closing sale several months ago. I bought a a couple and I guess I should have bought more. It always works out that way. My other one should be opening any day.

UPDATE:

Here's a comparison of last year's bloom and its current blooming. You can see how a first-bloom, unestablished plant can compare to one that's settled for a year. It's dorsal sepal is wider, petals are wider and the color is much more saturated.

Last year:
mxtcross.jpg

Current:
mld.jpg

Latest posts

Back