Paph Magic Paradise 'Niagara' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paph Paradise

SlipperTalk Vendor
Reaction score
We were finally able to have judging yesterday! This plant received an 88 point AM/AOS. This is the first award to a hybrid made by Paph Paradise (all previous awards to our breeding were species).
This particular plant has the best color we have seen from the cross so far. There have been a few that were larger, and a couple with much wider petals.
A sibling was exhibited by another judge and it received an 81 point AM/AOS. There should be more awards to follow for this cross as more of them bloom out.
One of the best things about this hybrid is that it stays in bloom for such a long time. The first one to flower from the grex started blooming in March 2019...it is still going on that spike and a second spike is blooming now too!
Dave

Attachments

• Magic Paradise 'Niagara' AMAOS.jpg
    Magic Paradise 'Niagara' AMAOS.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 33
how do you pick that from a species? Well done.

Good question! I just looked closely at photos of Paph liemianum and this plant and the staminodes look very similar. I will have to examine them more closely at the nursery tomorrow.
I guess I better not take this hybrid back to liemianum or we would never be able to tell we have a hybrid.

Dave

Good question! I just looked closely at photos of Paph liemianum and this plant and the staminodes look very similar. I will have to examine them more closely at the nursery tomorrow.
I guess I better not take this hybrid back to liemianum or we would never be able to tell we have a hybrid.

Dave
I’d say put it on another pink pouch flower like a henryanum and a compact free blooming roth!

Back