Paph. Magic Mood 'Waikanae x Joan Thomas 'Gosford'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masaccio

Reaction score
I bought this recently at the Deep Cut Show, in tight bud. It seemed to sulk for several days and finally started to open about 5 days ago. I think of it as Paph. "Lucked Out". All we could see from the bud was that it probably would have spots. Noted at the time that it seemed robust with three fans, one old, one in bud and another well underway, and a nice short stem. I don't suppose it would be a contender for elite paphs, but I'm happy. First photo upload, hope it works. Thanks for looking.
View attachment 14670

Attachments

• Paph Magic Mood 'Waikanae' x Joan Thomas 'Gosford'_2_2.jpg
    Paph Magic Mood 'Waikanae' x Joan Thomas 'Gosford'_2_2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 20
I apologize. I thought it might be auto-reduced in posting, as happens on some other forums. As you probably know, most photos out of digital cameras are large files, by choice, to allow maximum flexibility in editing. Thanks for looking.

Sorry, your flower is mislabeled. Both parents come from Peter Black; both parents are rather nice yellows, and there are no spotted or red flowers in the background of either.

Perhaps you could ask the vendor if there was a mix-up in the nursery?

Tim, you wrote: Sorry, your flower is mislabeled. Both parents come from Peter Black; both parents are rather nice yellows, and there are no spotted or red flowers in the background of either."

Thank you for posting. I think that your assertion is inconclusive. Peter Black (50% of Magic Mood which is 50% of my plant), although green, does have spots and has red from Helas, a 50% parent to it. The other parent to my plant is Joan Thomas, which has Peter Black as one parent and Agnes de Burc as the other. "Agnes" is comprised of insigne, spicerianum and boxalli. So there are spots and red-mahogany in the background.

Just sayin', I was surprised to discover my photo on a Google search for the parentage of this paph. Sometimes it seems that this is the "Non-Information Age instead of the "Information Age." Whether or not the plant is mislabeled or not, the fact that a photo was incidentally and automatically posted with a label that may be incorrect.... a bit of a shock. When did private photos become public property? I despise being the purveyor of poor or incorrect information.

Latest posts

Back