Paph Magic Lantern

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a very nice ML, round, flat a well coloured. Altogether a eye catcher. Congrats. ML is a hybrid I like very much.

Thanks. It has setback a lot. The first bud was abnormal then faded fast. This one seems to recover normally. Hoping to make a specimen plant.

That's a very nice Magic Lantern! I love it!
What happened to it before? It looks to be of great conditions with multiple growths and one other sheath emerging if I'm looking at it right?

Judging from the look of the plants themselves, they seem to have Indeed recovered and being in fine fettle! The buds and flowers in formation while you were moving (-1 year or so), no wonder if some of them fail or turn out a bit 'excentric', especially if the move implied marked changes in their growth conditions?
Your ML nigh perfection and seems lustily on its way to become the specimen plant, you long for!

That's a very nice Magic Lantern! I love it!
What happened to it before? It looks to be of great conditions with multiple growths and one other sheath emerging if I'm looking at it right?
Set back I guess. You can see from the first bud, it was small and deformed then the second kind of like the previous blooming but smaller. It seems like this formation have already been inside the plant way before the spike comes out. All my plants were packed and repacked last Sept. And got moved to many places including boarding for a while. I'm just glad I got to see some flowering.

You saw this flower before. The big leaves are old growths, two of them. The three new growth, one is flowering are just about over half the size of the old growth. They are recovering though, the next two may flower in the summer.

Latest posts

Back