Paph Magic Lantern

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

L I Jane

I wasn't sure where to post this but I was so annoyed today when I found my picture of my awarded paph was used without my permission on ebay by a seller in Greece.:mad: Not to be asked really burns me!! I'm sure others have run into this problem .I wrote the party to express my displeasure so waiting to hear back.

Yur multi growth plant with 5 flower spikes are no short of bad ass!!! Definitely Awardable! Awesome growing!!

It got a CCE of 90 pts back in 2007.After that I divided & re-potted it & it never did much after that but the point I'm trying to make is using a pic. of someone's plant & not asking permission which to me is common courtesy--especially when you are using it to sell plants.

Using someone's photo without permission is stealing...plain and simple.
I hope there's something you can do about it in addition to protesting. A
small fee for use would be nice and also fair.

Hey, beautiful plant too!

It's not just stealing, but fraud on the vendor's part. There is no way that the plant he's selling looks anything like yours - otherwise he wouldn't be using your photo. Report him to ebay (and I'm pretty sure it's a he).

Jane, I was actually going to contact you and let you know about this as I saw that picture of your plant from somewhere and somehow I remembered your use ID.
Then I saw this same picture on eBay used by someone in Greece.
Then I was wondering if this person got your permission.

Well, why don't you contact eBay to warn or ban this person?
His other photos are all of others' as well.
Also, he is shipping internationally, but he shows no pictures of the actual plants. How strange!!!

I had my picture from orchidboard used without my permission on eBay last year.
I contacted the person, and instead of acknowledging the issue, he was being very defensive and annoying.
Terrible people!

I'm Also finding pictures of dead plants of mine on the internet under plant search lol.. it's frustrating people using other peoples personal photos. I still love yur magic lantern!!!!

I wrote to two people-one in Greece--the other in London England to express my displeasure about not asking permission but no response.

Them beiing in other countries doesn't allow you to take proper action :-( although you can keep a close eye on their websites and post that the picture they are using is not their plant, for me I think it's a little disturbing to see a half dead plant that died that I had on a website but hey... google search kolosand x pey the two half dead plants. I have a kolosand x pey blooming size with a 38 inch leafspan, don't know why the dead plant is there, oh well

Latest posts

Back