Paph. (Magic Lantern 'Pink Blush' x Fanaticum 'Fantastic')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this cross is still unnamed. It's a first-bloom seedling and it bloomed out a bit wonky, but I think it has potential as a nice small "teacup" complex Parvi.

I find it interesting how the parents manifest themselves in this individual. For example, delenatii absolutely dominates the staminode shape while malipoense provides a clean dorsal and dictates pigmentation on the lower part of the staminode. Paph. micranthum adds some pink blush to the petals and contributed a bit to pouch shape and petal veination.

unnamedsg1.jpg

unnamedfullyf3.jpg

Awesome!!!
where did it come from?? I gotta get one.

The cross sounds like something coming out of Orchid-Inn?
Imagine what the next bloom would be like, it must be very very nice from the way the color is now.

Last edited:
This is one of those crosses that is going to have a wide range of colors. My friend in Japan named a parvi after himself called Paph. Kenji Tsutsumi, which is Norito Hasegawa x Magic Lantern. With 25% of delenatii, armeniacum, micranthum and malipoense, the colors were off the scale from pure white to deep pinks to muddy browns. It was an awesome cross and since I have both parents blooming now maybe I'll try to re-make it!

would be neat to swap Lola Bird for the Magic Lantern and get some emersonii in it

I also have one of those. To my surprise mine produced a bud. Just as it was nice and fat I found it off of the plant. I can only assume that when I watered it the pressure from the hoseI knocked it off. I appreciate that you shared with us. I'll need to wait for a new growth which maybe a couple of years. I'm not sure but I may have one more of the cross hiding on me. When it blooms I'll be sure to share it with you guys.

Latest posts

Back