Paph Magic Lantern 'Marie'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Greenpaph

Currently in bloom.

PaphMagicLanternMarie.jpg

I'm beginning to hate ML's, cant get mine to grow or flower, they just sit there and ignor me

At least yours doesn't bloom for the first time off a single growth, have an AOS judge tell you it's awardable on its next blooming and then DIE. Can you guess I need a replacement?

This is such a nice one and it reminds me I need to get another....

What does mean 'Marie' ? Is it a custivar ? Is pale coloration typical from this 'Marie' form ? (sorry, I am a beginner !)

OK, thanks NYEric, so I guess mine is also a 'Marie', being as "pale" as this one.

OK, thanks NYEric, so I guess mine is also a 'Marie', being as "pale" as this one.
You can name any plant any clonal name you would like! BUT if you buy a plant that already has a "clonal" name you're not allowed to change the name to something you like better. I have 26 Magic Lanterns and I can name them all with 26 different names. BUT I can not give them all the same name BECAUSE they are all individual plants from individual seeds. If I get one big enough to cut into 2 plants then and only then will each part of that plant have the same "clonal " name. Get it?

OK, I understand. My tag only says "Magic Lantern". The problem here in France is that naming cultivars seems not as popular as it is in USA or in Germany, so our tags (when there's one !) usually say the minimum :(
Here is a pic of mine, I like the shape but always thought it was too pale :

2643006667_b1a2ab7055.jpg

It is pale but look at the lovely veining & how the stam stands out! I think it's quite nice, you just need a second one! This is how we get hooked!

Thank you Smartie ! I like yours too !
Goldenrose, you're damned right ! I only need a second one :D

Latest posts

Back