Paph Maelstrom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

Here is the Paph. Maelstrom that I had posted about....one of the plants I won in the Ebay auction....the multigrowth plant in bud. Now Maelstrom is Armeni White x malipoense....and I honestly don't know how it would appear in any way different from Lynleigh koopowitz....as you can see in the photo, it looks exactly like Lynleigh Koopowitz...and as Norris Powell plant, it may very well be LK....not that I mind, as I know longer have that cross, and besides, this is better than any LK I have had....its not fragrant, but then again no LK I have had ever was fragrant. Incredibly tall stem too.....I have tried to find a pic of Maelstrom, but no luck yet....take care, Eric
Shot with QV-R40 at 2007-06-25
Shot with QV-R40 at 2007-06-25

very nice Eric!
as for fragrance, I've never been able to smell anything on ANY slipper.

Eric,

To paraphrase Norris: What does the label say?
Alternately: Yeah, but it's a really good one!

Regards,
Rick

looks very similar to Lynleigh Koopowitz indeed ! except maybe for the small yellow part on the staminode

Before I even read the post, I though 'He's posted a pic of LK'. Certainly does look like one. based on the length of the spike, mine will have months to go yet (my spike is only 2" tall yet)

For comparison, here's a pic of Paph. Maelstrom that I got from the internet. I think it's a display of Piping Rock Orchids in a show.

Shot at 2007-06-29

Latest posts

Back