Paph. Lynnleigh Koopowitz.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jblanford

What a great Paph. A reliable bloomer and nice to look at.
People look at and can't believe I've had it for years. Thanks for looking. Jim.

Attachments

• IMG_0826.JPG
    IMG_0826.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0825.JPG
    IMG_0825.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 31
Beautiful colours

I am surprised you find it easy to grow. I have 2 (1 from Orchid Inn, 1 from a German vendor) and both are cantankerous, slow growers. They are constantly about to croak--which would be a relief for all of us--but finally come round whithout ever blooming--of course.

Has anyone had the same problems with this hybride?

Happy growing
Frederick

I had 2 LK, presumably of the same cross. One grew quickly to flowering size, bloomed easily, but wasn't fragrant. Something killed it, I forget what. Its sibling was slow as ...use your favorite euphemism. eventually it did bloom, but it was not spectacular, no fragrance either. It was always unhealthy, a mealy bug magnet unlike any paph I have ever seen. It also refused to die. Slow, ungainly, unhealthy, unkillable, vermin-ridden....finally, it succumbed this year without mourning. So, as you can see, LK, like most other paphs, has a variety of growth patterns. Take care, Eric

Thanks Eric

it is nice to hear I'm not the only one. I just learnt a friend of mine had the same problems and she has the magic touch with all plants. Some of them are indeed difficult.
Happy growing
Frederick

Back