Paph Lynleigh Koopowitz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
First flowering seedling from the cross delenatii 'Twins' x malipoense 'Orchidzone'.

I got this from P&R Orchids who threw it in as a bonus plant when I ordered some other Paphs. That was at least 12 years ago. The plant was a good size then (NFS) but it did nothing for a decade. I had pretty much given up on it. I put it in a basket a couple of years ago and the plant started to grow and grow and grow and finally flower. The leaves are pretty big in this plant. Way bigger than my delenatii's. I'm happy with the outcome but would have liked it to flower a little earlier. :)

Paph Lynleigh Koopowitz (delenatii 'Twins' x malipoense 'Orchidzone')

LK.jpg

LK%202.jpg

Wow! That took a very long time! But pretty flowers!
I like a lot of veining on the petals.

I've tried a few LK, and all had big leaves. Main reason I got rid of them all eventually. Mine were all rather aggressive growers.

Wonderful! 'Guess it likes basket culture. That foliage is gorgeous! Bravo!

I pot everything except Disas in baskets now. If you keep up with the watering, the copious air the roots get creates a perfect balance and these constantly wet, yet airy conditions makes plants grow big and fast. At first, very frequent watering is necessary. However, in no time the mix is "seasoned" and it stays wet much longer, reducing the work; but, keeping the benefits of a seasoned moist mix and lots of air.

Latest posts

Back