Paph Lunacy

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for sharing the pictures! They are really interesting! I think it is a well shaped flower!
I didn't know, that the stem is so short, because most pics of Paphs show only the flower. Is the stem of Skip Bartlett 'White Pepper' short too?

Although I don't own the plant, I seem to recall when I saw it in bloom that the stem of Skip Bartlett is relatively short. Skip Bartlett = godefroyae x FC Puddle and godefroyae has a short stem.

Although I don't own the plant, I seem to recall when I saw it in bloom that the stem of Skip Bartlett is relatively short. Skip Bartlett = godefroyae x FC Puddle and godefroyae has a short stem.

Thanks a lot, Ross!

Looks like the dorsal has a good chance of being "locked in" by the synsepal. That will keep the dorsal from reflexing. I look forward to seeing the bloom!

Hey Ross, after reading your return post I checked my plant and I see that it's only locked in by the synsepal on one side, I quess I'll just have wait and see how it turns out, thanks again.... Jim.

Attachments

• IMG_2344.JPG
    IMG_2344.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2345.JPG
    IMG_2345.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 8
Ross, great looking flower. I have a p. Lunacy in bud right now, hopefully it will bloom out as nice as yours. Regards, Doug

Good looking; but are you concerned about that ghost/transparent effect on the dorsal?

This happens in whites. It can be a repetitive genetic characteristic but many times it is environmental and will not repeat. It is usually more apparent in pictures and this flower's scalloping is not too severe. I would check to see if it happens again. I agree however I do not like scalloping. I avoid breeding these flowers unless I am sure it is environmental

Latest posts

Back