Paph Luk Luk

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron - NY, yes....I bought seedlings !!! I also have 6 Deli Saint seedlings...
The first one I flowered had a short stem with 3 flowers. All flowers opened but were so tied up within the pouch they couldn't open properly so I assisted. They eventually opened and apart from the distorsions from the tie up, they were ok. I seem to be finding a lot of seedlings that I shouldn't have bought on reflection....................might have to put a list of theses in the "Collections" section. Might be a topic for us all to add to, just to show everyone the next generations of crazies. ???????

I seem to be finding a lot of seedlings that I shouldn't have bought on reflection....................might have to put a list of theses in the "Collections" section. Might be a topic for us all to add to, just to show everyone the next generations of crazies. ???????
Isn't it part of our addiction?:p
gotta have, gotta have!:drool:

I have noticed with those kind of crosses, that once in a while they will first send out a flower that is "pinched" and deformed, and then later will send out one or two "normal" flowers from the same inflorescence, so hang in there (our first Paph. Jerry Lee Fischer did the same thing, the first flower was an ugly duckling, and then it sent out 2 "beautiful swans" from the same flower spike).

If it only will give you one "ugly duckling"' flower this time, and do the same thing next year, yes I would toss it then, but give it one more chance...

Robert

I agree. :) Both my Delrosi (aka "That S.O.B." because it didn't bloom until it had 11 growths) and my Wossner Koloniv have done the crunchy-stemless-flower bit, and then proceeded to bloom normally (actually from the same growth that produced the funky flower). Give it a second chance.

If it does it again, THEN toss it. :)

Why is it a bad one? U don't like the plants?

I like the plants, its just that I, like many in this forum have found that we are wasting out time growing these plants on the pretext of flowering one like we see in the pics. It might happen one day. I won't be buying or breeding any of these crosses any more because I believe that there are so many other pleasing and pretty flowers about that will grow, flower and be more rewarding more quickly. Looking at the growing areas many on this forum have, the last thing they need is a non-productive plant. I have more space than most hobby growers could wish to have but why should I put plants in that just take up space. Lifes too short.
Each to their own and for those who succeed with these plants, well done.

as they say - Be Careful What You Wish.......

or ...........

just give an address, packages could be arriving on your doorstep sooner than you think!

Roy

You are a wise man. I sometimes wish I had the nerve to toss some of my plants which just sit there a taunt me. Sometimes a strong threat helps....if the plant is wise enough to listen, and take the advise behind the threat.

Let me see. This one, that one, and a few more, need a strong threat.

with all this fuss about (brachy x multi) hybrids, why doesn't anyone go for the more fuss-free plants like (brachy x cochlos) and (cochlos x multis)?? (",) Btw, i don't seem to see many (barbata x cochlo) type hybrids made... i think many of them will turn out interesting and easier to bloom... just imagine... sukhakulii x liemianum... yum... hehe... ;P

Latest posts

Back