Paph lowii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

M

moraru

This is the first blooming of my Paph lowii seedling that I got in Hawaii about two years ago :)

Hien

Reaction score
Congratulation.
It is amazing to bring a seedling to bloom in 2 years.
My adult lowii plant on the other hand keeps shrinking year after year, have not produced another bloom since I bought it many years ago

Last edited:

Rick

Reaction score
Nice wide petal tips.

It may not be fully open, but if you raise the humidity the petals will usually stretch out better.:D

WolfDog1 (C. Williams)

Reaction score
Nice. I found the same thing about the humidity level and the petals. However, some are more 'droopy' than others, so the difference may or may not be very dramatic.

Anyway, congratulations!

I love lowii and have one in bloom right now as well. Mine only has 2 flowers though.

Craig

J

jblanford

I know what you mean about getting excited. I have one in bud about to open, it's a seedling also looks like three flowers. Thanks Jim.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Needless to say a flowering P. lowii is always exciting !!:drool:

Best regards from germany, GuRu

E

Elena

Lovely, I like this species a lot! I can see 5 buds, please post an updated photo once they are all open.

E

Ernie

I don't mind any petal stance on lowii as long as the paddles face forward. Yours appears to be doing a fine job of that. It's a shame when that electric pink stares at the ceiling.

-Steve Jobs (Ernie)

Latest posts