Paph. lowii fm aureum ‘Mango’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all.

I plan to sib this with John Marcotte’s lowii aureum as I just received the pollen. As well as to self it for color concentration.

I will send seeds to sowing labs in both US and Europe so that it can be safely distributed safely and legally. Therefore no need to stalk me anymore lol

I plan to sib this with John Marcotte’s lowii aureum as I just received the pollen. As well as to self it for color concentration.
I will send seeds to sowing labs in both US and Europe so that it can be safely distributed safely and legally. Therefore no need to stalk me anymore lol

The quest is off - and Leslie safe! And after the electoral college has done their work, maybe, the peace of Christmas (or according to beliefs and denomination: the holidays) might finally settle upon us! 🎅

I just scanned the entire thread to see if u mentioned where you sourced it from so sorry if I missed it...

From whom did you get this?

I'd be happy with a runner up... :)

That's strange. I posted a comment on your "aureum." I don't see it. Anyway, it's heavenly", I said. I keep thinking Georgia O'Keefe.
Also, Krull Smith has a grex of this orchid, a selfing from an HCC plant. No idea if it's going to be as nice as DrLeslieEe's, but I took the plunge. I'm a sucker for a good photograph. Oh, there's my comment. It just appeared.

I just scanned the entire thread to see if u mentioned where you sourced it from so sorry if I missed it...

From whom did you get this?

I'd be happy with a runner up... :)
I also went running to the web, richgarrison. Krull-Smith has them. This is the cross:
Paph. lowii f. aureum (‘Golden Boy’, HCC/AOS x self). It feels like playing the lotto to expect finding one as stunning as Leslie's, but second and third prizes are also good. They're in Florida, aren't they. I'm planning to call them today and find out about shipping. The website didn't specify.

Last edited:
I also went running to the web, richgarrison. Krull-Smith has them. This is the cross:
Paph. lowii f. aureum (‘Golden Boy’, HCC/AOS x self). It feels like playing the lotto to expect finding one as stunning as Leslie's, but second and third prizes are also good. They're in Florida, aren't they. I'm planning to call them today and find out about shipping. The website didn't specify.
Did you manage to secure some from KS?

Today I put a black material behind the flowers to see how colors turn out. A bit more contrast I think to the neutral background. The paddles look smoother.

In some pics you can see the striations on back of pouch, that creates the light tunnel of escape for the pollinator.

I also added a view from the top to show how the dorsal sepal shields the pouch from the rains.

I’m still in awe of the golden yellow color.

5563105A-603D-41D2-849C-9820960AE928.jpeg1F3C89BD-892E-4A74-B857-E5B207B15BCF.jpeg96806782-1051-408F-B02C-C5359378397B.jpeg1088687D-D8DE-4F9D-B032-0E7709248A46.jpegA8D084AB-6FDB-4980-B4B4-08362B21B8E2.jpegE4447A4D-4E55-46B8-A98D-F19B17BD5A1B.jpeg2BA5105B-8315-4231-8197-2B70F15DDA1A.jpeg
DCBF955A-0267-42C0-BB73-4365F118A6AB.jpeg123B9027-DA0E-439E-BE56-06B1076CE0D5.jpeg

Latest posts

Back