Paph. lowii fm aureum ‘Mango’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My God....are these real colours????😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯
I haven't spray painted them yet so I guess they are real for now.

When all flowers open, I will bring it into the sun to take ex-situ pics. Then from there we determined if it is a new color version from the others. I nominate fusco-mangorino lol.

I haven't had much luck with the albinistic ones (regular color grow fine) - is this one harder or slower to grow?

I think Leslie just put a joke on us....this colour is not exist....if yes, I will look after a psychologist....
Well, I'm glad to inform you, that you've found one!

I'm actually pondering upon setting up a private consultation, as there - as witnessed here on STC - seems to be a need out there: trauma- and bereavement therapy ("all my plants died, when the electricity and thus the heating in the greenhouse went, while we were away for the weekend", "my ex destroyed many plants, when we broke up", the more lapidary: "rot", etc.); x self-disturbances; x sib-ling jealousy; and last, but not least: this would also give me the opportunity to further develop and professionalize the, by now, only self-help therapy of OA (Orchioholics Anonymous).
In some of the more severe cases, there seem to be a need for a more intensified treatment beyond the scope of OA (Rest assured, I shall remain discrete and mention no names, Leslie! 😷)

Last edited:
If it is real colours, i will find Leslie and robber this plant from him.
As I've many times urged him to look over his shoulders for the same reason, this is kind of developing into the plot for a thriller or an episode of 'Tatort' ('The Crime Scene' - weekly, German TV-who-done-it): the suspence element being clear - who will get to Leslie first?!

Leslie, so far I didn't post in this thread because I'm just speechless about the colour of these flowers. Never have seen so far such a intense yellow flower of a plant of the section Polyantha. Although the speechlessness stays with me I think I'm sane and won't need the help of psychologist, Jens. One last remark Leslie, though I know your address you can be sure I won't come and rob your plant.....not yet. :cool:

Last edited:
Leslie, so far I didn't post in this thread because I'm just speechless about the colour of these flowers. Never have seen so far such a intense yellow flower of a plant of the section Polyantha. Although the speecvhlessness stays with me I think I'm sane and won't need the help of psychologist, Jens. One last remark Leslie, though I know your adress you can be sure I won't come and rob your plant.....not yet. :cool:
Thanks for the reservation of your excitement re the color. I am empathetic to your sentiments as I am wowed by the color EVERY time I look at it. I think I will steal my own plant and sweep it away to a far away land lol.

So today I was tending to my plants when the brightest reflection caught the corner of my eye. The sun had shone into my windows and cast a bright glow to Mango. Very surreal!

I tried to capture the flowers in sunlight:

A6E33D99-808C-447D-8416-4FD198EB5391.jpeg9D239643-2948-4D99-AF63-7A4AC742C827.jpeg2C6932B3-1F57-4C4B-964F-50D41463035C.jpegB4BFC72D-32EA-4E9B-8F51-55C6404321E8.jpeg22AC71A1-51BE-488D-89CF-B53F58F7DC89.jpeg

Latest posts

Back