Paph losing leaves quickly?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutddicted

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new guy here.

These two paph maudaie I've had about month now purchased from an orchid show. My first two non big box store orchids. I wanted something easy and was recommended these plants by a few vendors before I made a purchase. I have both in an east facing bay window ( they do get little blips of direct morning sun though the foilage from my other plants), they are in their original medium which I am diligently keeping moist. I water with distilled water and have fed them once with a very diluted fertilizer and Cal+Mag ( Fox Farm Grow Big is the fertilizer I used, higher N ). The window is fairly cold ( 65F ), ambient house temp is 70 F, so I have them on a heat pad which keeps the medium @ 75 - 80 F. Humidity is 40-50% in the house.

I have ordered a couple of books online and am awaiting their arrival but eager to find answers quicker I found this wonderful website. The plant with the brown leaf has already lost two lower leaves literally within 5 days of bringing it home which I assumed was from transport shock?

What am I doing wrong? Am I doing everything wrong? Also want to note that I have many phalaenopsis in the same window which are thriving and blooming over and over.

Attachments

• 12DE36A9-D700-4693-86CA-5C9E7492296B.jpeg
    12DE36A9-D700-4693-86CA-5C9E7492296B.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 23
  • C305A40D-EADC-4F25-AE75-5F6DA2C6FD9A.jpeg
    C305A40D-EADC-4F25-AE75-5F6DA2C6FD9A.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 23
Ok thank you for your responses. Naturally I get worried hence the post. I will continue doing what Im doing.

If you continue to loose leaves, I would “check under the hood,” i.e., see how the roots are doing and/or freshen up the media. If some of your roots are hollow or squishy, I would remove them with a clean cutting instrument before repotting in new media.

Latest posts

Back