Paph. Lippewunder

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartie2000

Reaction score
This Paph. Lippewunder came from Forestview Gardens, and I'm pleased. As the blooms ages it will take on a more golden colour, it is still greenish. This cross is a fast grower too.
DSCN0791.jpg

the first blooming was hidious though, so I never posted it:eek:
But I'm happy with it, its slightly cupped but I can live with that. I remember a few sibblings of my plant looked very nice too, with horizontal flat petals (showed last Feb.). Mine seems to be the odd one with the ruffles.

I tried many times on several days to photograph it, but the stripe in the petals kepted turning out in the photos redder than they are. I think this is as close as I can get it, which is a reasonable representation though I've done better on other plants. I don't know what my photography issues are this time

I might as well post it...last years first time bloom, lol
DSCN5003.jpg

It's getting better - remember the 3rd times a charm!
The ruffled edges wouldn't bother me ......... so does it need a home?

Nice, I'm craving a complex Paph. I keep looking at the Forestview website and drooling. The plants they had at the Edmonton show looked very healthy but I'd maxed out my spending before I even got there. I need more T-5's so I'll have to add a few orchids when my outside temps come up a bit more.

Shaun

Third blooming.
DSCN7001.jpg

This time the petals have a 'normal' edge. (complex paphs are not normal :p) But it is too cupped.
But I love this plant anyway. I need it to grow more vegetatively because it is a one growth plant still. It puts all of its energy into the bloom and puts out only one growth each year (and the previous growth dies). oh well, its floriferous

I love the caramel tones in it, combined with the green.

Don't worry Fren, standard-complex hybrids commonly only keep one growth. I don't know why. I do have one that I've had for 4 years now that is just starting to clump up; for some it may just take time.

Back