Paph liemianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokerpass

Reaction score
Paphiopedilum liemianum (Rudolph x Mo). First bloom on the 2nd mature growth. This is a sequential bloomer. After 4 flowers, I will cut the flower stem off so to conserve energy for new growth(s). The sprinkle the leaves with cinnamon powder so to prevent my naughty cats eating the leaves.

Attachments

• Paph liemianum.jpeg
    Paph liemianum.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 17
My cats have that terrible habit also. My orchids are in a room they cannot get to. It would be nice to bring some of the bloomers out to enjoy. Maybe I will give cinnamon a try.

Lovely flower!

I also use cinnamon with the enclosed result. BTW, that's my liemianum blooming above my "warm grower" on the bottom shelf.

Attachments

• 3110898E-3360-4237-A645-2BE8B41DA99A.jpeg
    3110898E-3360-4237-A645-2BE8B41DA99A.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 19
A tanning bed is a relaxing thing...
BTW is so much cinnamon powder necessary? It looks like it's already hindering photosynthesis?

I apply new cinnamon after each watering, but sometimes I got lazy with some orchids. If the water didn't touch the leaves and get wet, sometimes I don't apply it after watering. However, the cat will get to the orchids immediately if they don't smell fresh cinammon.

I grow all my orchids outdoor in the summer time, they will get enough photosynthesis during their time outdoor :)

Latest posts

Back