Paph liemianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Enjoy
P1080594_zps7db19de4.jpg

P1080599_zps34d3aa35.jpg

plant

P1080595_zpsb6f17bf1.jpg

classic liemianum, I can just barely see the reddish cillia on the edges of the base of the leaves. All the markers of the 'true' species.

In these days there are a lot of hybrids parading around as cochlopetalum species.

Good one Rick.

classic liemianum, I can just barely see the reddish cillia on the edges of the base of the leaves. All the markers of the 'true' species.

In these days there are a lot of hybrids parading around as cochlopetalum species.

Good one Rick.

Yup Yup:clap:

Good one Rick.

That is an interesting comment. Is that how you would tell the difference? On a recent trip to Holland I saw a large number of plants of that ilk which quite plainly were a hybrid and not a species. Then at a local show shortly after a plant (labeled 'liemianum') was awarded first place and my belief was that the awarded plant was one of these. When I questioned wether the plant was even a species, I was shouted down, but had no way to prove or substantiate my suspicion.

Good one Rick.

I'll have to get down on the leaf edges and get a better PIC.

That is an interesting comment. Is that how you would tell the difference? On a recent trip to Holland I saw a large number of plants of that ilk which quite plainly were a hybrid and not a species. Then at a local show shortly after a plant (labeled 'liemianum') was awarded first place and my belief was that the awarded plant was one of these. When I questioned wether the plant was even a species, I was shouted down, but had no way to prove or substantiate my suspicion.

That really sucks to hear. Ego driven.

I can see this thread is heading in a new direction. Please, yes, would the cilia be a means of telling between species and masquerade? (that just sounded cute, but the question is real)

Back