Paph. liemianum x gratrixianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nikv

Hi!

I'm embarassed to say that I found this orchid in my greenhouse that I forgot I even had. It is Paph. liemianum x gratrixianum. I purchased it about ten years ago back when Ray Rands was advertising his seedling six-packs in the AOS Bulletin. It is the only seedling from him that I've managed to not kill (so far).

IMG_4076a.jpg

And here is another close-up:

IMG_4078a.jpg

This orchid hasn't bloomed for me, although it certainly seems to be large enough. I guess it probably needs a little more light and a lot more love.

I was searching the RHS hybrid list and haven't been able to find this cross registered. Is Paph. liemianum considered a species or a variety of chamberlainianum or something else? I've been wondering what this flower will look like and haven't found anything on the internet. Any suggestions?

Best Regards,
Nik

Don't know what the flower will look like, but good choice! :clap: I've been looking for gratrixianum crosses. Nice to see that it kept the nice spotting on the leaves. Hope it blooms for you. When it does, post a pic!

Fantastic leaves!!!!!!! I like the colour!!!! Yes, when it blooms definately post a pic!!!!!!:D

No. I don't use ebay. But, nice to see they do exist. I'd like to see a picture sometime of a gratrixianum cross.

Paph. lieminaum is a valid species per RHS. Not like it matters, but I agree.

-Ernie

Latest posts

Back