Paph Liberty Taiwan ‘Wolf Moon’ HCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccallen

Reaction score
Named in honor of last night’s Wolf Moon, as it opened yesterday afternoon

A5D19321-520B-46A7-A91A-0544123EA515_zpsj1icfipt.jpeg

5155B40C-6297-4A5E-9904-221C982A54D0_zpshmtrhnjn.jpeg

Sorry, I didn't see that it had just opened. Did it get awarded on the previous bloom? Mike

Nope, this is actually the first time this plant has bloomed.

It’s interesting, the color abnormality is less visible in some lighting than others and you have to be looking into the side of the flower to see it, so perhaps that’s why

3E264BDE-C68C-4AC4-82A8-3B8253C6FB7A_zpsf0eschmd.jpeg

Nice!
Among my favorite parvi hybrids also.
I have a few large to near blooming size seedings that I'm dying to see some flowers on. Hopefully soon!

Very pretty and good job.

Years ago an AOS judge told me that they can, at their discretion, look past minor flaws like color breaks (or in the case of Phrags, toothy petals), especially if it's something that's likely to be resolved in future bloomings. You still lose points for the flaw, but if everything else is good enough to be awardable, you still get the award. So, it may even be worthwhile, if you're interested, to take it back in for judging next time it blooms to try and get an AM.

And I have to ask, is this clone fragrant?

Very pretty and good job.

Years ago an AOS judge told me that they can, at their discretion, look past minor flaws like color breaks (or in the case of Phrags, toothy petals), especially if it's something that's likely to be resolved in future bloomings. You still lose points for the flaw, but if everything else is good enough to be awardable, you still get the award. So, it may even be worthwhile, if you're interested, to take it back in for judging next time it blooms to try and get an AM.

And I have to ask, is this clone fragrant?

Yes, I think I will bring it back sometime, when it has multiple flowers maybe.

My sense of smell was damaged so I can’t tell, it’s possible for me to detect scents but most things that are less powerful than a stargazer lily are hard for me to notice.

I encourage it highly!
Hung Sheng has tons of great flasks on their website but I don’t actually know how to order from them

http://www.hungsheng.com.tw/index.php?module=intro&mn=10

Do you know if Ten Shin Garden participates in any shows near you?
Check the vendor lists and find out.
They are Taiwanese vendors that attend shows in North America a few times a year.
Matt, the person in charge of Ten Shin, can bring flasks from Hung Sheng.
This way, you dont' need to worry about paperwork and stuff yourself.

I just bought three Hung Sheng flasks via Ten Shin Gardens recently.
I am very happy with what I got. :)

Do you know if Ten Shin Garden participates in any shows near you?
Check the vendor lists and find out.
They are Taiwanese vendors that attend shows in North America a few times a year.
Matt, the person in charge of Ten Shin, can bring flasks from Hung Sheng.
This way, you dont' need to worry about paperwork and stuff yourself.

I just bought three Hung Sheng flasks via Ten Shin Gardens recently.
I am very happy with what I got. :)

Wow thank you for this great hint! He is indeed coming to two shows near me, hopefully it will work out :D

Latest posts

Back