Paph. leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lienluu

Two different clones. One very dark the other huge! Both blooms a bit old.

leuco1.jpg

leuco2.jpg

leuco3.jpg

Awesome! Those are some of the best I've seen.

Did you remove the pouch to photograph them or to pollinate them? Looks like they'd make great progeny!

Jon
________

Last edited:
These are both wonderful. I like the petal shape and the synsepal on the lighter one, but I also really like the color intensity and the red suffusion around the edges of the darker one. The darker one would be my favorite if it weren't for the notches in the petals and the small synsepal.

Lien, did you pull the pouches for breeding, or simply for measuring? Seems like they both have such desirable qualities that they'd make a wonderful outcross.

Mycorrhizae said:
These are both wonderful. I like the petal shape and the synsepal on the lighter one, but I also really like the color intensity and the red suffusion around the edges of the darker one. The darker one would be my favorite if it weren't for the notches in the petals and the small synsepal.

Lien, did you pull the pouches for breeding, or simply for measuring? Seems like they both have such desirable qualities that they'd make a wonderful outcross.

Both of these are first bloom seedlings, so i'm excited to see how they will be in the next bloom. I hope the petals on the first one (the larger and lighter one) even out, if you notice one side is larger than the other.

I didn't pollinate either one of them. Mainly because the flowers were already several weeks old and both are first bloom seedlings on single growths. I did however pull the pollen off to send to a friend and when I started, the first pollen fell into the pouch so i said, what the heck, and pulled them both off. Then realised that it was easier to measure them without pouches!

Very nice leucochilum's you have there. You know I just love them. Did you get these from Nick and if so where they already in bloom when you got them? Beauties, I wouldn't mind in my brachy collection. You seem to get all the nice ones :)

Bob in Albany said:
Very nice leucochilum's you have there. You know I just love them. Did you get these from Nick and if so where they already in bloom when you got them? Beauties, I wouldn't mind in my brachy collection. You seem to get all the nice ones :)

Nope these are from flasks that originated elsewhere.

Upon looking at the pictures I was gonna say " Cross them!" then I saw the additionnal pictures and obviously you've done that already !

Great clones, the darker one is really really nice. Do they have a clonal name ?

Latest posts

Back