Paph. leucochilum?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.paph

Reaction score
I bought this as a small seedling and labeled as Paph. niveum. The flower is clearly not niveum. Could anyone tell me, Is it a true leucochilum specie?

I bought this as a small seedling and labeled as Paph. niveum. The flower is clearly not niveum. Could anyone tell me, Is it a true leucochilum specie?

It shouldn't be wrong if you wrote P. godefroyae on the tag. P. godefroyae var. leucochilum or P. leucochilum (it depends on you which taxonomist you prefer) should have an unspotted plain white/creamy pouch. But your plant shows spots at least on the edge inside of the pouch.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

The only way to tell for sure it to send the flower with lots of photos of the growth habit and the foliage to a taxonomost for identification.

BTW: The singular of species is still species. You can have 1 species or 20 species; but, no specie.

I would think it would be hard to tell from pics but it's a cutie, has nice markings! :clap:

I agree with Lance. I would say for sure there is Paph. godefroyae in there, but perhaps also concolor, but who knows what else is in there?

Robert

Back