Paph Lebaudyanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Believe it or not this is the first time I have flowered this plant. It just kept growing but would never flower. I actually had a third spike that was almost as tall but I snapped it when I tried to straighten it (it was a bit crooked).

This would have to be one of the most amazing Paphs I have flowered. The spike is gigantic (110cm). It is so tall I had to put the plant on the floor of the glasshouse as the spike was touching the roof. The spike is a lot taller than the photo suggests. It has a WOW factor as great as any of my Paphs, which surprises me as I wasn't expecting much from such a cross. The flowers have nice size and good colour as well and are nicely spaced.

I was thinking it might be close to award quality. The most recently awarded Lebaudyaum in Australia had 6 flowers on a 39.7 cm spike and much smaller flowers. But the dorsal on mine isn't great, so maybe not. The next generation of growths are much larger in size so I'm hopeful I will get more flowers next time on an even taller spike.

Paph Lebaudyanum (haynaldianum x philippinense)

That is tremendous! I am glad the plant held out on blooming for this show :)
Great growing!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

.......It has a WOW factor as great as any of my Paphs, which surprises me as I wasn't expecting much from such a cross. The flowers have nice size and good colour as well and are nicely spaced............
Holy cow, WOW is more or less an understatement - plant, flower count and every single flower are extremely impressive!
Hahaha! Thanks for posting. Wait until I show the blooming of my Lebaudyanum album. :rollhappy:
No need to fear Eric's prediction ! :D

Please take it to judging!

It is the wrong time of year unfortunately. With the Christmas break, there is nothing to at least February. In anycase, I think the best is yet to come with this plant. I susspect I can get 7 or 8 flowers in the future. Another grower in our society has an AM awarded Lebaudyanum which gets 7 flowers although he says the spike isn't as tall as mine.

It is hard to appreciate how tall the spike is from my initial photos. Here I have included my Susan Booth to give it some scale. And it was the best my Susan Booth had flowered in a while.

very impressive , this could cut off skyline ,I never saw nothing like this.
lordly and awesome at the same time,congrats
anna

Latest posts

Back