Paph. Lebaudyanum Album (Paph. haynaldianum x Paph. philippinense)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GaryB

Here are two first bloom plants from the same flask. As you can see, crossing two album plants doesn't guarantee that the offspring are also. But, that's a plus for me. I like the variation between these two plants.

Both plants are vigorous growers; I really like that the "semi-alba" plant put up 7 flowers on two spikes on its first bloom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome for a first bloom!! They are real beauties. You did a great job!! How long did it take from flask to bloom?? Both look great!!

hope you sib for some true albas...

i can't beleive, given how long we've had both albas, that these are just coming along now? Anyone else out there with alba or semi-alba multis in bloom? Did you make the sibs yet?

Got got these from a local grower out of a tray in May '07 and I don't know when they came out of a flask. I would estimate that they are 4-5 years out of flask.

Because they are first blooms, I hadn't thought much about sibbing them. Plus I have 10 more plants to bloom out and may wait to see what else I get.

I got mine end of April '07 from Chuck Acker, same source? I had one bloom & it looked like your first one & had 3 flowers. It is a vigorous plant as well. But 2 spikes on a first bloom with 7 flowers! :clap: :drool: That's excellent! :clap:

I got mine end of April '07 from Chuck Acker, same source? I had one bloom & it looked like your first one & had 3 flowers. It is a vigorous plant as well. But 2 spikes on a first bloom with 7 flowers! :clap: :drool: That's excellent! :clap:

Same source. I mostly buy Phrags from Chuck. When did yours bloom?

Same source. I mostly buy Phrags from Chuck. When did yours bloom?
June 8th I took this pic.
Yellowbutterfly004-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back