Paph leaf issue, next episode: gratrixianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are definitely no mites on it, I checked it with a microscope, no signs of it, no imago, larvae, egg or olf shells. What I could see is that the brown spots are wet and go on a bit within the parenchyme...

Off topic:
Anybody has an idea what function the usual spotting at the base of the leaves has? There are less to no stomata in that area.
What power microscope?
Here is about the best diagnostic with photos of any orchid problem (maybe, but most by far).
https://www.staugorchidsociety.org/...g5_VWMTIzXTr2OSiy9VZpZbg6scGOmuhXXbcjqEhV2qAA

What power microscope?
Here is about the best diagnostic with photos of any orchid problem (maybe, but most by far).
https://www.staugorchidsociety.org/...g5_VWMTIzXTr2OSiy9VZpZbg6scGOmuhXXbcjqEhV2qAA
It is a 40 x stereo microscope. It is an older model with no possibility of taking fotos, I do it just by taking pictures with a cheap camera through one of the oculars what blurs unfortunately the image and laks the stereo effect. You can see that on the foto.
I think a magnification of 40 x is sufficiant, as the stereo vision gives a much clearer 3D view on things. With a moving light source you also can adjust contrasts giving you different images of whatever you are keen on seeing. With higher magnification the focus range gets narrower, hindering sight. With 40x already you can't focus the surface of the leave and the sunken spots at the same time.

Thanks for the link, it is great.
It seems quite clear now that my problem is acidovorax.

k IMG_7081 copy.jpgk IMG_7071 copy.jpg

Sorry...missed that.

It appears to be very chemically stable, and is sold in a glass bottle with sprayer. I have used the cinnamon leaf oil on both plants (1% in isopropanol - I have never tried it undiluted) and myself (straight from the bottle) to cure a persistent toenail fungus issue, amazing my doctor and dermatologist.
Ray, when you’ve used this to treat toenail fungus, how often did you apply it?

Latest posts

Back