Quantcast

Paph. lawrenceanum 'Veritas'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

G

gore42

I've been trying to be patient with this one... but as usual, I've taken photos a day or so before I should have. I'll take more, of course, for the 3D, though :)

Anyway, this is my first lawrenceanum to bloom, and I'm pretty pleased with it. Hope you enjoy the photos.

As Ever,
Matthew Gore

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
gore42 said:
....Anyway, this is my first lawrenceanum to bloom, and I'm pretty pleased with it. Hope you enjoy the photos....
Indeed I enjoy your photos very much!!
Not only your P. lawrenceanum is in my eyes a very good one regarding coloration and stance - the photos are excellent as ever!!
So far mine lawrenceanum is a real cow (won't say it too loud :)). It is a slow/bad grower contrary to its relatives of the Barbata section.

Best regards from Germany, GuRu.

bwester

Reaction score
Matt, your pictures never cease to amaze me

G

gore42

Thanks guys :) I thought that the dorsal would be fully open today, but it looks like it still has another day or so... guess I'll wait until the weekend to post more photos.

- Matt

suss16

Reaction score
Matt, great pic and great plant. As others have noted, your plants and pics are unbelievable.

If you have an opportunity... could you post a pic of your photo set-up or direct me to a previous link that shows it?

Thanks.

G

gore42

Thanks Suss. I think that I posted a picture of my setup at one point... I'll have to find it. It's pretty simple though... all I do is point a bright light at the ceiling, and I have a piece of black velvet draped down from the mantle of my fireplace for a backdrop. The light (a halogen work-light from Harbor Freight, cost: $12) reflected off the the ceiling acts as a softbox. Sometimes I let in a little bit of window light too, but not usually.... and sometimes I'll use a foil reflector or a white piece of paper to get a little more light in the front of the bloom.

- Matt

Latest posts