Paph. lawrenceanum 3D

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just did another one of these with a grey background, but it actually turned out worse! The exposure didn't fluctuate as much... maybe 1 full stop, but since the background was grey, it lightened and darkened with the exposure, which made the change much more dramatic in appearance (rather than the black staying mostly black with the first one).

Not sure what I'll try next.

- Matt

Matt,

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering how you do this!!! I'm guessing you have some sort of turntable and you take lots of pix then render them. What software do you use to render the 3D image from the "Z-stack".

-Ernie

The process is time consuming, but not too difficult if you're familiar with Flash. I do use a turntable; it's actually just my computer desk chair with one of my computer tower sides set across the top (and the back of the chair removed). I set up the bloom so that it's centered when the chair spins, then take 20-50 photos, rotating slightly between each. Then I batch process them in photoshop.

After the photography is finished, the rest is done in Flash. Basically, it's set up so that when you mouse one direction, it flips to the next photo. There are several people that sell ready-made flash scripts that will do it, they just need to be edited in Flash, or sometimes just an xml file.

- Matt

Spectacular Matt! I wish it resolved about half as fast and had music. That's not asking too much, is it? ;)

The lighting is a little uneven, but I see the background as quite neutral, so I'm not sure what you mean. Overall, not bad.

Latest posts

Back