Paph. laevigatum “in charm”

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camellkc

Reaction score
This is a division of the captioned clone from in charm orchid nursery in Taiwan. This clone can produce up to 5 flowers per spike under the owner’s culture but I can only do 3 this year. Lots of improvement on my culture skills are expected.

Attachments

• DBEA8E95-B374-4E73-9D9F-47E3D008F625.jpeg
    DBEA8E95-B374-4E73-9D9F-47E3D008F625.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 50
All the forms of this complex of laevigatum, philippinense, and roebelinii are group as one philippinense var philippinense now. I however do not agree with that as the 3 forms look and grow very different.

Nice flower, very healthy looking plant. I enjoy seeing your growing area. I am attracted to the idea of your vertical wire mesh. Looks like it is a good place to hang plants while still allowing for good air circulation. Mike

... I can only do 3 this year. Lots of improvement on my culture skills are expected.

Judging from the glorious flowers and the foliage, you are being way too self-deprecating about your skills as a grower!

I wonder, when the plant was divided and how many times, it has flowered since then?

By the way, feel free to send the plant to me, and we'll see, If I can improve on your futile efforts! :D

Kind regards, Jens

Judging from the glorious flowers and the foliage, you are being way too self-deprecating about your skills as a grower!

I wonder, when the plant was divided and how many times, it has flowered since then?

By the way, feel free to send the plant to me, and we'll see, If I can improve on your futile efforts! :D

Kind regards, Jens
I bought this 3 years ago and this division was already divided and grown for sometimes. I will shoot some photos for your reference later.

I am not depreciate my growing skills but I am sad that this clone does perform its flowering potential, so that improvements should be made.

Back