Paph Lady Clunas 'Whatcroft Hall'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Registered in 1945, its parents are Gertrude West X delenatii. Paph Gertrude West has 71 other offspring and 3,908 progeny. Interestingly, Lady Clunas has no offspring, indicating that it is most likely a triploid. Still a very beautiful and unusual flower.

I love the spots, but I'm in the same boat as Ozpaph, wondering where the delenatii influence went. I would have assumed delenatii crossed with a complex would produce more pink tones in the flower, or at the very least, there'd be some trace of mottling in the leaves on a cross that's 50% delenatii.

I've waited a long time for a thread like this one. I love to see this famous old clone again. Thanks for sharing!
Did you try to breed with this one, though it is most likely sterile?

Last edited:
I love the spots, but I'm in the same boat as Ozpaph, wondering where the delenatii influence went. I would have assumed delenatii crossed with a complex would produce more pink tones in the flower, or at the very least, there'd be some trace of mottling in the leaves on a cross that's 50% delenatii.

I agree about the delenatii influence. It would be nice to see a picture of the other parent, Gertrude West, which I assume is spotted. The only other complex X delenatii I have seen is Paph Maisie Gay (Hellas X delenatii), which is predominantly pink.

I've waited a long time for a thread like this one. I love to see this famous old clone again. Thanks for sharing!
Did you try to breed with this one, though it is most likely sterile?

I've struggled to grow this plant, so this is the first time I've bloomed it. I have tried so crosses. I will keep you up to date.

I agree about the delenatii influence. It would be nice to see a picture of the other parent, Gertrude West, which I assume is spotted. The only other complex X delenatii I have seen is Paph Maisie Gay (Hellas X delenatii), which is predominantly pink.

Here are some pictures of different Gertrude West clones.

Latest posts

Back