Paph Knob Mochizuki

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ma_sha1

Reaction score
Not very common, sound like made in Japan.
It's a cross between paph memoria Larry heuer x paph emersonii.

Since Larry Heuer is paph malipoense x emersonii, this cross is 75% emersonii.
I was hoping an Emmersonii looking yellow pouch, but no, it looks more like Larry Heuer instead, a bit disappointed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447877070.474910.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1447877080.407534.jpg

It took 2 month For the bud to open, for some reason, the top petal turned brown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you might want to buy some Franz Glanz (emersonii x armeniacum) if you want emersonii look with yellow pouch.

The browning can happen for any reasons or without any reason.
Mechanical damage perhaps? Make sure there are no thrips. Sometimes thrips eat the flower and cause them to turn brown as a result.
If you don't see any bugs, then it is probably not something to be worried about.
Hopefully next bloom won't do the same.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have a Frantz Glanz as well, it bud blasted, rather, first 4 out of 6 leaves rot away, then a low bud rot away, still alive. But I am not sure the growth with bloom again, would it? I can't wait another year for another growth.

I don't think the current growth will bloom again.
Why can't you wait for another year??
I mean I know I hate to wait, but there just is in other way.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448373537.561857.jpg

A new picture, the color darkened s bit, looks a little better.

What I like is that it's a really big flower, almost 4" wide but on a low spike height, fits under the lights for my mini orchid section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard Emmersonii is hard to bloom, so this is a way to get Emmersonii look without the hardship, I just wished it's yellow pouch, but it's growing on me

Latest posts

Back